For the past ten weeks, I have been documenting what I wear on Sundays over on Instagram via my hashtag #wiwSunday (What I Wore Sunday). I have hesitated moving the series to the blog at all for the following reasons:
- 1. I stink at series on the blog. I start them, get bored easily, and quit.
- 2. I especially stink at series that are day themed. Sundays are especially busy in the summer and fall. What if I don’t post one week? Insert internal woe about blogging issues here.
- 3. I am not a fashion blogger nor do I want to be.
- 4. I like my style, but not everyone may. Also, I’m not concerned with name brands. Ever.
- 5. I just take cell phone photos and post them to Instagram. This is not my high quality photography.
- 6. Woe.
Then I decided: Woe, BE GONE! And now I’ll be sharing my weekly outfit here on the blog (in addition to on Instagram). You’ll see it on Instagram first because I usually post it there as my husband drives us to church. Maybe some weeks it will be an Monday Morning Quarterback look at what I wore the day before, because I know in a few weeks I won’t be at a computer on a Sunday. But we’ll give this a go.
What I Wore Sunday, January 6, 2013
BigBrother was my photographer. Sorry for the blur in the full shot.
Dress: Old Navy clearance rack
Sequined Shoes: Kmart, Bongo, Clearance
Silver Necklace: Chloe & Isabel
I was overjoyed to find those shoes on clearance in my size. I’ve wanted “gray” shoes for about a year now, but kept missing my size in various other styles in various other stores. These are comfortable and cute and shiny. The dress was a crazy find as it was the last one in my size in the store and it was 40% off the clearance price. I went with a simple necklace instead of a statement piece because, hi, the dress is a statement in and of itself.
You are welcome to join in the fun on Instagram with the #wiwsunday hashtag. Follow me, @FireMom. Until next week!