What I Wore Sunday, February 10, 2013
On Flickr || On Instagram
- Black Banded Bottom Drape Neck Kabuki Top: Maurices
- Mint Cami (sadly, not visible): Maurices
- Mint and Black Striped Skirt: Soco Vintage on sale via Very Jane
- Black tights
- Black flats: Bongo, Kmart
- Silver & Mint Necklace: Maurices
- Silver Earrings: Gift 200…8?
I know. The skirt is awesome. It got me umpteen compliments today, including from our Pastor and a random stranger at Eat N’Park. The skirt itself is from Soco Vintage and is available on their site right now for $32.99. But I only paid $19.99 because I got it through a Very Jane sale last month. The quality is fantastic and the fabric makes my texture-issued self super happy as it is super soft. As a tip, Very Jane shared they’re offering another Soco Vintage skirt tomorrow. Also, the rest of my outfit was free because I saved up a bunch of Maurices Taken Ten receipts which give you ten dollars back for every so many purchases. The store has a lot of green right now, but sadly, this dress didn’t fit my neckline properly. Sad. (But I still have some money off for a future purchase! Bam!)
Of course, as it’s training season and it was 50 degrees today, I changed mid-day for an eight mile run.
On Instagram || On Flickr
- Gray top: Old Navy Active
- Gray running tank (not visible): ?? 2007
- Black active capris: ?? 2008
- Blue Running Shorts: Danskin, Walmart ($6.96)
- Blue Striped Socks: Hanes
- Green Running Shoes: Mizuno Women’s Wave Inspire 8
- Fly Sunglasses: Maurices, 2012
Oh, and in the after photo: Lots of sweat.
Eight miles felt great today, though I was overdressed. I should have thrown a short-sleeved t-shirt over my running tank instead of a long-sleeved running shirt. I rolled the sleeves shortly after two miles. Thankfully there was a light breeze! I am leaning toward picking up a pair of running “toe socks” as I keep having random toe issues. My Hanes sport socks aren’t kicking it.
After my run — and a walk with the husband and dog to cool down (uh, and a shower) — I put my morning outfit back on for the rest of the day because it was super soft and super comfy.
Next Sunday we’ll be somewhere special. WOO! Follow along or join in on Instagram via the #WIWSunday hashtag and follow me; I’m FireMom!